When the Kawasaki 2011 Versys Sport arrived on the scene just a few years ago, it astonished the motorcycling press and public. Journalists and riders alike began to heap praise on the versatile “do-everything” bike: it was named “Motorcycle of the Year” by Motorcyclist magazine and was included on numerous top 10 lists in enthusiast publications. And with numerous updates in 2010, the bike that is equal parts useful, affordable and fun is still going strong for 2011.
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder parallel twin
- Displacement : 649 cc
- Bore x Stroke : 83.0 x 60.0 mm
- Compression Ratio : 10.6:1
- Cooling System : Liquid
- Fuel System : Digital fuel injection with two 38mm Keihin throttle bodies
- Ignition : TCBI with electronic advance
- Transmission : 6-Speed
- Final Drive : O-Ring Chain
- Frame Type : Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
- Rake/Trail : 25 degrees/4.3 in.
- Front Tire Size : 120/70-17
- Rear Tire Size : 160/60-17
- Wheelbase : 55.7
- Front Suspension / Wheel Travel : 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork with stepless adjustable rebound and preload / 5.9 in.
- Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel : Single offset laydown shock with 13-position adjustable rebound damping and adjustable spring preload / 5.7 in.
- Front Brakes : Dual 300mm petal discs with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes : Single 220mm petal disc with single-piston caliper
- Fuel Capacity : 5.0 gal.
- Seat Height : 33.3
- Curb Weight : 454.2 lbs.
- Overall Length : 83.7 in.
- Overall Width : 33.1 in.
- Overall Height : 52.4 in.
- Color Choices : Metallic Imperial Red
- Warranty : 12 months
- Good Times™ Protection Plan : 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- No related posts found